A big WELCOME to this 50th Edition of your Newsletter and a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed previously to editing and writing articles. We always welcome any contributions and hope you can put finger to keyboard sometime soon !
Coming up very soon on the 6th and 7th March is The Photography Show which once again is going to be a virtual show. Having been to the show many times it’s a real shame that it can’t be held for real, but the good news is that anyone can partake of the amazing variety of talks and product demos and if you wish to see what it’s all about the (safe) link is here:https://www.photographyshow.com/welcome#/
NB Mark Walker is still waiting for the link to his Zoom talk for Interfit and I will forward it separately to you.
PCC News of the Week:
1) Well anotherinteresting Lockdown competition this week with some excellent entries, so congratulations to Wendy for her win with image “Poser”.
2) Don’t forget to VOTE in Victor’s“6 of the best”Critique that he circulated and then we can have some fun commenting on them next week!
1) Huge thanks go out to MarkWalker for judging our KF2 competition last night with some helpful comments and great critiquing, so well done to all the members who were placed. As Mark said it was a great set of images which gave him a lot of difficulty choosing the winners.
2) Next week it’s Victor’s “6 of the best” member’s critique followed by Me giving you a tour of my dusty folders so watch out !
1) Next Lockdown subject is “Pets” on the 11th March with “Tranquility” on the 18th
2) Last call for KF3 so please don’t leave it too late for sending the images to Amanda on her email as we don’t want to swamp her on the last day 4th MARCH. As a reminder the subject is OPEN with 1 Digital Colour and 1 Mono (Manipulation allowed) and 1 Off Camera (No editing)
3) Maru has also sent everyone details of the 6th March WCPF Council meeting, Knightshayes Trophy judging and FREE talk at 2pm entitled “The Eloquent Landscape” and I enclose the Zoom link: Login to Join Zoom Meeting from 9.45 am https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89595272447? pwd=cngzV2N0VHIydXlMZVJvRUVQeGduQT09 Meeting ID: 895 9527 2447 Passcode: 946833
Thought I’d include a “Photo from the Vault” to remind us of happy times past !
Finally a short message from Paul regarding our Website Hi All
Our website has a top limit of 100 pages. We have now completed 21 lockdown competitions and we have to find a way to save some pages. To do this the first 10 competitions are now archived into one page Lockdown2. That has allowed us to delete 10 pages from our lockdown competitions page. Hover over any of the 142 images (or double-click them for full screen) to see the owner and winners.
All the best Paul